The 15th Annual Temple University Japan Campus Applied Linguistics Colloquium - Call for Papers
October 26, 2012
We are pleased to announce the 15th annual Temple University Applied Linguistics Colloquium. Please join us on Sunday, February 3rd, 2013 from 10:00 to 18:00 at Temple University Japan's Tokyo Center for an exploration of current research into second language acquisition and pedagogy. The primary goal of this event is to provide a venue for both new and experienced researchers to present their work in a supportive atmosphere. The second goal of the event is for researchers to be able to discuss research-related issues with one another in order to learn more about conducting high-quality educational research.
Colloquium Location and Time
The colloquium will take place at the Tokyo Center of Temple University's Japan Campus. Registration will begin and coffee, tea, and donuts will be available from 10:00, and presentations and panel discussions will begin at 10:30 and continue throughout the day until 18:00.
A fee of ¥1,500 will be collected at the door.
Research in any area of foreign language teaching and learning (whether it be English or other languages) and second language acquisition is welcome. We hope to have presentations covering a broad range of topics and research approaches.
Type of Presentations
Four types of proposals will be considered:
- Reports on completed qualitative, quantitative, or mixed-methods research. (20-minute presentation and a 5-minute question and answer period)
- Reports on works in progress. Such studies might still be in the planning stages, and therefore open to modification, or in the analysis stage. (20-minute presentation and a 5-minute question and answer period)
- "How to" presentations (e.g., How to conduct case study research, how to use a specific piece of software). (25 minutes or 55 minutes depending on the complexity of the presentation)
- Panel discussions in which 3-4 persons present and discuss a particular issue in the field. (55 minutes)
Submissions should include:
- Information about the presenter(s)
- names and affiliations of all presenters
- full mailing address of the primary presenter
- phone and fax numbers of all presenters
- e-mail addresses of all presenters
- Information about the presentation or panel discussion
- title of the presentation or panel discussion (12 words max.)
- 50-word summary of the presentation or panel discussion
- 150-word abstract of the presentation or panel discussion
Submission is now closed.
All submissions will be reviewed by a jury of Temple University Japan Campus faculty; presenters will be notified of the jury's decisions on or before January 10, 2013.
The Applied Linguistics Colloquium is organized by the Graduate Education Program at Temple University's Japan Campus.