Applying for a Student Visa

All non-Japanese students who intend to take classes for more than three months and who do not have a resident, diplomatic, dependent, or spousal visa must acquire a Japanese student visa through TUJ. Students cannot apply for a Japanese student visa independently of TUJ. TUJ will submit visa application documents to the Japanese Immigration Bureau on behalf of all admitted students. Visa application deadlines for each semester are listed here. For students currently residing in Japan, the visa process differs. Please contact an admissions counselor for more information.

For more information, please contact:

Need Help?

If you have specific questions regarding your admission application, please contact us.