Special Lecture: "Don't Blink: Five Disruptive Innovations Reshaping Life as We Know It"
- Thursday, May 14, 2015
(door opens at 18:45)
- Temple University, Japan Campus, Mita Hall, Room 402 (Access)
- English (no translation provided)
- Registration is now closed.
Don't Blink: Five Disruptive Innovations Reshaping Life as We Know It
From autonomous vehicles to the quantifiable self, a new gang of disruptive innovations are emerging and quickly positioning to reshape life as we know it. In many industries, technological innovation is now the most important driver of competitive success. Firms in a wide range of industries rely on the products developed within the past five years for almost one-third (or more) of their sales and profits. Are you ready? Are you ready to lead your firm in these new spaces? Are you prepared to navigate the changing tides that come with disruption? We will talk about five disruptors and the innovation forces behind them - some from incumbents, some from start-ups, but all with the potential to cause big changes. So… don't blink, because if you do, you might just miss being at the forefront.
About the Lecturer
Michael Rivera, Ph.D.
Associate Professor in Strategy and Entrepreneurship and Executive MBA Academic Director, Temple University
- 12 years in colleges and universities serving in roles such as Professor, Department Chair, Dean and Assistant VP
- Taught previously at University of Notre Dame, Indiana University, La Salle University and Drexel University
- Teaching focuses on courses in entrepreneurship and innovation
- Consulting and researching in the areas of strategy, analytics and leading change
- Ph.D., Purdue University
You can read his complete profile here.