Tips on Applying for Aid
American citizens may apply for aid through U.S. government loan programs. To apply, the applicant should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our FAFSA code is 003371.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Matriculated MBA students must be enrolled at least part-time (4.5 credits) per semester to receive federal funding.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as January 1st of every year: www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Do not wait until you have been accepted by Temple University to apply.
File federal income taxes early
Do not wait until your tax return is completed to file your FAFSA. You can file the FAFSA with estimated tax information and then update the application online once the taxes are complete.
Follow-up and respond to requests for additional information
- No news is not necessarily good news. If you have filed a FAFSA online you should check the status of your application a week after the application was submitted to make sure it is complete: www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Temple Main Campus' Office of Student Financial Services (SFS) may request additional documents in order to determine the financial aid award. Please respond promptly.
- Matriculated students must submit the Graduate Enrollment form annually. The form can be printed from the SFS website, www.temple.edu/sfs, by selecting "Forms".
- Non-matriculated students must submit the Non-Matriculated Student FFELP Eligibility Exception Request form annually. The form can be printed from the SFS website, www.temple.edu/sfs, by selecting "Forms".
Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance interview
- Students who receive an SFS Award Letter indicating a Federal Stafford loan must sign a MPN. American Education Services (AES) will mail the paperwork to the student's home address; however, all students are encouraged to go online (www.aessuccess.org) to create an account in order to electronically sign. The MPN will remain on the system for 10 years for the Temple student; allowing SFS to pre-certify a Stafford loan each year once the FAFSA is complete.
- The Entrance Interview is available to complete by visiting www.temple.edu/sfs and selecting the link from the options on the left. It is important to complete this to the end and save your confirmation.