U.S. Bar Exam Study Course
The TUJ Law U.S. Bar Exam Study Course is a comprehensive lecture series on techniques and strategies to take a U.S. state bar exam. The course is designed to introduce students to the structure of a bar exam, provide prac cal ps on studying for and taking the exam, and give students prac ce covering each part of the exam, the mul state/mul ple- choice sec on ("the MBE"), state essays, and the mul state performance test ("MPT") ques ons. Students also can par cipate in a one-day primer on the Mul state Professional Responsibility Exam ("MPRE"), which is required for most U.S. bar exams.
The course will use many di erent resources, including doctrinal lectures, classroom discussions, substan ve outlines, many prac ce ques ons, and individual coaching. In this class, as with the bar exam, what ma ers most is results, and our goal is to make sure that each of you can use these various inputs to produce successful outcomes.
- Date & Time:
- Saturday, September 2 - Saturday, November 25
*See the class schedule below for more details.
- 15 (first come, first serve basis).
- Temple University, Japan Campus, Mita Hall (Access)
- ¥75,000 (Includes 12 Class Sessions + Course Materials)
- Reg Deadline:
- Friday, September 1
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1
- This course will be held in English.
- This course is not intended to replace a commercial bar review and preparation course, but will include substantive law lectures covering the MBE subjects.
- This course is subject to cancellation.
- This course is non-credit and does not qualify an individual for a U.S. bar exam or license to practice law.
- This course is open to the public.
- 39 hours of in-depth instruction and practice
- Practical tips on studying for and taking bar exams
- Lectures on MBE substantive law topics
- Summary outlines on all MBE subjects
- Practice exams under simulated test conditions
- MBE / Essay / MPT Student Answer Reviews / Model Answers
- MPRE preparation and practice
- One-on-One Personalized Feedback
Professor Mason Hester
Licensed attorney in Mississippi State, U.S.
- Florida Coastal School of Law
- Mississippi State University
Mason Hester is a Mississippi state licensed a orney. Mr. Hester is an alumnus of Temple University, Japan Campus School of Law and also has studied law in France. He has been working in Tokyo as a consultant providing legal educa onal services for law rms and legal departments alike. Prior to coming to Japan, Mr. Hester worked as a general prac oner handling cases ranging from criminal to contractual work. Specializing in li ga on, he o en represented low income, indigent, and similarly underrepresented individuals. Mr. Hester's undergraduate work in the arenas of poli cal science, philosophy, and religion underlie his strong interests in natural law and metaphysics. Between gradua ng from law school and entering the prac ce of law Mr. Hester spent ve months volunteering for and living with the Tibetan community-in-exile in northern India, which documents his commitment to human rights.
|1||Saturday, September 2||10:00-13:00||Introduction to the Bar Exam / Study Tips|
|2||Saturday, September 9||10:00-13:00||MBE Subject Lecture/Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|3||Saturday, September 16||10:00-13:00||MBE Subject Lecture/Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|4||Saturday, September 23||10:00-13:00||MBE Subject Lecture/Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|5||Saturday, September 30||10:00-13:00||MBE Subject Lecture/Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|6||Saturday, October 7||10:00-17:00||Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE) Workshop|
|7||Saturday, October 14||10:00-13:00||MBE Subject Lecture/Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|8||Saturday, October 21||10:00-13:00||MBE Subject Lecture/Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|9||Saturday, October 28||10:00-13:00||MBE Subject Lecture/Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|10||Saturday, November 11||10:00-13:00||MBE Subject Lecture/Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|11||Saturday, November 18||10:00-13:00||Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|
|12||Saturday, November 25||10:00-13:00||Exam Taking Tips/ Multiple-Choice and Essay Practice|