U.S. Bar Exam Study Course
The TUJ Law U.S. Bar Exam Study Course is a comprehensive lecture series on techniques and strategies to take a U.S. state bar exam. The course is designed to introduce students to the structure of a bar exam, provide practical tips on studying for and taking the exam, and give students practice covering each part of the exam, the multistate/multiple-choice section ("the MBE"), state essays, and the multistate performance test ("MPT") questions. Students also can participate in a one-day primer on the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam ("MPRE"), which is required for most U.S. bar exams.
The course will use many different resources, including doctrinal lectures, classroom discussions, substantive outlines, many practice questions, and individual coaching. In this class, as with the bar exam, what matters most is results, and our goal is to make sure that each of you can use these various inputs to produce successful outcomes.
- Date & Time:
- Saturday, January 14 - Saturday, April 8
*See the class schedule below for more details.
- 15 (first come, first serve basis).
- Temple University, Japan Campus, Mita Hall (Access)
- ¥75,000 (Includes 11 Class Sessions + Course Materials)
- Reg Deadline:
- Friday, January 13
- E-mail email@example.com by January 13
- This course will be held in English.
- This course is not intended to replace a commercial bar review and preparation course, but will include substantive law lectures covering the MBE subjects.
- This course is subject to cancellation.
- This course is non-credit and does not qualify an individual for a U.S. bar exam or license to practice law.
- This course is open to the public.
- 39 hours of in-depth instruction and practice
- Practical tips on studying for and taking bar exams
- Lectures on MBE substantive law topics
- Summary outlines on all MBE subjects
- Mini-bar practice exams under simulated test conditions
- MBE / Essay / MPT Student Answer Reviews / Model Answers
- MPRE preparation and practice
- One-on-One Personalized Feedback
Professor Zeina S. Exilus
Licensed attorney in Florida State
- University of Miami School of Law
- University of Kentucky
As a Florida Bar Qualified Arbitrator and a Certified Arbitrator by the BBB, Professor Exilus has resided over hundreds of civil law arbitrations since 2010. In 2013, she was inducted as a Fellow of Class I of The Florida Bar Leadership Academy, and in 2014 was appointed and currently serves on The Florida Bar Leadership Academy Committee. Professor Exilus served the legal community in many capacities as an associate at the international law firm of King & Spalding in Atlanta, Georgia, as In-House Counsel to the day cruise-ship SeaEscape in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, as a constitutional and civil rights litigator and Staff Attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union Foundation (ACLU) in Miami, Tampa, and Jacksonville, Florida. Professor Exilus received a B.S., Magna Cum Laude from University of Kentucky, Lexington, where she studied mathematics and psychology and spent the 1997-1998 academic break in Sydney and Cairns, Australia researching gender bias in Aborigines. She received a J.D., Cum Laude from the University of Miami School of Law, where she was on the Public Policy in Psychology Law Review, Editorial Board and as a constitutional law research assistant. Professor Exilus has been honored to receive many awards and accolades during her legal tenure including AV-Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and named a Rising Star and SuperLawyer by Florida Super Lawyers. Her languages include Arabic, English and working knowledge of Japanese and French.
|1||Saturday, January 14||10:00-13:00||Introduction to the Bar Exam / Substantive Lecture|
|2||Saturday, January 21||10:00-13:00||Substantive Lecture / Exam Taking Tips / Practice|
|3||Saturday, January 28||10:00-13:00||Substantive Lecture / Exam Taking Tips / Practice|
|4||Saturday, February 4||10:00-13:00||Simulated Exam—MBE / Essays|
|5||Saturday, February 11||10:00-17:00||Lecture / Exam Taking Tips / Practice: Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam|
|6||Saturday, February 18||10:00-13:00||Substantive Lecture / Exam Taking Tips / Practice|
|7||Saturday, February 25||10:00-13:00||Substantive Lecture / Exam Taking Tips / Practice|
|8||Saturday, March 11||10:00-13:00||Simulated Exam—MBE / MPT|
|9||Saturday, March 18||10:00-13:00||Substantive Lecture / Exam Taking Tips / Practice|
|10||Saturday, March 25||10:00-13:00||Substantive Lecture / Exam Taking Tips / Practice|
|11||Saturday, April 8||10:00-17:00||Simulated Mini-Bar Exam—MBE / Essays / MPT|