Graduate College of Education, Osaka Center
Part-time (5 days / week)
Regular Hours (24 hours / week):
- 17:00-21:30 Tuesday to Friday
- 11:00-18:00 Saturday
- 13:00-21:30 National Holiday (during each semester)
- Occasional Sunday work (7.5 hours) for seminars (3 times / semester) and ITP examinations (approx. 2 times / semester) required
Please note the office is open on Japanese national holidays during each semester
Administrative Director of TUJ's Graduate College of Education
This position is only available to applicants who are eligible to work in Japan (the position does not include visa sponsorship).
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience, plus transportation.
Overview of Position
Since 1982, the Graduate College of Education at Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) has offered a master's degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). This degree program is offered at TUJ's Tokyo Center and Osaka Center. A doctoral program has been offered at TUJ's Tokyo Center since 1988 and since 1995 at TUJ's Osaka Center.
The Administrative Assistant provides clerical support to assist the Graduate College of Education staff to ensure the smooth and effective running of the program. She/he will be working closely with prospective students, current students, faculty, and other staff members and provide administrative services.
Please see our Graduate College of Education Osaka Center webpage for more details about the program.
- Handle inquiries from prospective and current students — e-mail and telephone
- Operating clerical work includes filing, mailing, and classroom/equipment reservations
- Support students and faculty (preparation for courses, travel arrangements, ID issue, etc.)
- Assist other staff members of the program and the administrative director
- Assist with registration, helping faculty, and preparing materials
- Send program information to prospective students and customers
- Assist events operations
- Proctor Institutional TOEFL Exam (ITP) – six times every year
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Japanese, English)
- Bachelor's degree minimum
- Willing to work shift hours including Saturday and Sunday
- Excellent PC (Word, Excel and PowerPoint; graphics a plus) and database skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, dependable, highly organized and a good team player
- Professional appearance, friendly, student/customer-focused attitude
- Over three years' administrative work experience preferred
- Working knowledge of SIS or CRM a plus
Review of applications will begin immediately. Desired start date is January 2018.
Please send applications to email@example.com with:
- a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and what appeals to you about the position
- a resume or curriculum vitae
- contact information for two references
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.