Information Center Staff
Information Center (General Reception and Information Desk for visitors and potential students)
Mainly working one of three shifts, but may be asked to work other shifts on an as-needed basis.
Monday through Friday:
- 8:30 - 17:00
- 9:00 - 17:30
- 10:30 - 19:00
Information Center Manager
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Salary & Benefits
Commensurate with experience.
Eleven days paid vacation in the first year, increasing to 20 days after 6 years of employment, plus 5 paid "personal and sick days" each year. In addition, approximately 2 weeks university-wide break over Christmas/New Year. Japanese social insurance and pension, commuting allowance, and tuition benefits for Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) programs.
Overview of Position
The Information Center is the initial point of contact for all those wanting to know more about Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) and our programs. The position focuses on providing friendly and professional services to visitors and potential students.
- Answer phones and redirect accordingly or take messages
- Providing information to potential and current students
- Take care of walk-ins
- Check, sort and forward general inquiries
- CRM data management and record creation
- Update program, school event, and staff calendars
- Assist with post and courier deliveries
- Native-level Japanese ability with excellent verbal and written English skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Willing to work shift hours
- Detail-oriented, organized, and customer-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good team player
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel)
- Minimum 3 years work experience preferred
- Study Abroad experience preferred
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Desired start date is March, 2018.
Please send applications to email@example.com with:
- a letter of application;
- resume or c.v.;
- two references and their contact information.
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know from which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.