Junior Help Desk Support
Computer Services (IT Operations)
37.5 hours per week (7.5 hour shift)
- 8:00 to 20:15 Monday to Friday
- 8:00 to 17:00 Saturday
IT Operations Manager, Computer Services
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience, plus transportation.
Eleven days paid vacation in the first fiscal year (July-June) increasing to 20 days after 6 years of employment, plus 5 paid “personal and sick days” each year. In addition, approximately two weeks company-wide break over Christmas/New Year, Japanese social insurance and pension, commuting allowance, and tuition benefits for Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) programs.
Overview of Position
Provide the 1st level support for TUJ staff, faculty and students to ensure the best possible computing experience.
- Primary function of this position is the 1st level desktop support helpdesk
- Provide assistance to end users (Student / Staff / Faculty)
- Identify opportunities for improvement within the helpdesk and IT areas
- Provide front line support to clients on connectivity, printing, productivity applications & business applications.
- Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming telephone, voice mail, and email requests for assistance from staff / faculty / students experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer related technologies.
Manage PC and Macintosh computer labs
- Technical maintenance
- Open/Close computer lab
- Lab reservations
- Provide Audio-Visual equipment support
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Provide IT orientation to staff faculty and students
- Set up and regularly update all staff, faculty computers
- Contact vendors for support, repairs etc. as necessary
- Assist with coordinating IT or AV hardware installation on campus
- Handle and carefully document all cash transactions at help desk
- Carefully monitor and document inventory of consumables, e.g. toner, items for sale
- Create and update manuals
- Assign tasks to and manage our student worker team
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English
- Microsoft Windows 7/8.1/10 support experience in windows based network preferable
- Understanding and experience for supporting of Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Mac OS X experience/knowledge preferable
- Installation and troubleshooting experience with PC workstations, printers and basic network equipments
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and customer service skills
- Creative, team player, self-motivated, and a self-starter
- Good attention to detail
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Development experience with Java, HTML, CSS and LAMP stack preferable
Review of applications will begin immediately. Desired start date is March, 2018 or shortly thereafter.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- a letter of application;
- resume or c.v.;
- contact information for two references.
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know from which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.