Administrative Coordinator for Evening, Weekend and Special Programs
Academic English Program
Monday to Friday 11:00-19:30
Occasional weekend work (for events) required (Compensatory time off provided)
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is able to sponsor a visa for this position.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. Eleven days paid vacation in the first year increasing to 20 days after 6 years of employment, plus 5 paid "personal and sick days" each year. Japanese social insurance and pension, commuting allowance, and tuition benefits for TUJ programs.
Overview of Position
The Administrative Coordinator for Evening, Weekend and Special Programs will work within the Academic English Program. This administrative coordinator will be responsible for the administration for: 1) the high school courses (evening); 2) the TOEFL tests and courses (evening and weekend) and; 3) short-term special programs for elementary school to high school students (weekend and long holidays). The administrative coordinator will work closely with staff, academic coordinators, and AEP instructors, staff of other offices at TUJ, and students. The job can be busy at key times such as at the beginning of the semester, as well as in August and March when special short-term programs are held.
Please see Academic English Program website for more details about the program.
- Course promotion and student recruitment
- Attending/leading meetings internally and externally
- Recruiting student assistants (TUJ students)
- Visiting classes on the first and last days of courses
- Course/program operation
- Exchange correspondence with students, parents, and clients
- Program budget assistance, and revenue / expense reporting
- Compiling and analyzing student surveys in Japanese and English for quality assurance and program improvement.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Knowledge of both the Japanese and American education systems
- Knowledge of standardized tests (e.g. TOEFL)
- Experience in program operation and management
- Good communication skills (speaking and writing)
- Fluency in English and Japanese (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Multi-tasking skills and punctuality
- Detail and goal oriented
Review of applications will begin immediately. The desired start date is January 4, 2018.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- a letter of application;
- resume or c.v.;
- contact information for two references.
Indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the e-mail subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know from which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.