Overseas Admissions Counselor Assistant
Admissions Counseling (AC)
From 10:00 to 16:00, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (3 days / week)
Director, Overseas Admissions Counseling
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is unable to sponsor a visa for this position.
Salary & Benefits
Commensurate with experience, plus transportation.
Overview of Position
The Overseas Admissions team is responsible for the promotion of the University to overseas markets worldwide, to support university recruiting, and to advise prospective students. The team assists TUJ in meeting enrollment goals that focus on continuing current growth and achieving a qualified and diverse student population. Due to the ever increasing number of student applications, the team is currently looking for a part-time assistant to aid with administrative tasks and help with the smooth operation of the department.
- Maintain & update student application files
- Receive and process application documents including transcripts, test scores etc.
- Communicate internally via email, phone, etc., with the Overseas Admissions Counseling team both in the office and while they are on business trips
- Other administration tasks and support on projects as determined by the Manager of Overseas Admissions Counseling
Qualifications & Experience
- Business-level English (spoken and written)
- Previous administration experience in an office environment
- Friendly, professional and detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills (database, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email)
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Business-level spoken Japanese
Review of applications will begin immediately. Desired start date is January, 2018.
Please send the following to email@example.com:
- a cover letter highlighting relevant experience and what appeals to you about the position
- a resume or curriculum vitae with two references and their contact information
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know from which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.