Reception and Office Assistant
Academic Advising Center / Undergraduate Program
3 days a week, 10:00 – 16:30. Please note that candidates must be able to work additional hours during peak periods (i.e. new student orientation and start of each semester)
Director, Academic Advising Center
This position is available only to applicants who have a valid working visa in Japan (the position does not include visa sponsorship).
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience, plus transportation.
Overview of Position
As a unit reporting directly to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, the Academic Advising Center (AAC) provides academic support for TUJ's undergraduate students to better achieve their academic goals. The AAC assists in developing a comprehensive educational plan in compliance with university policies. The Reception and Office Assistant (Job Title: Assistant Office Coordinator) will work closely with both the team and our students to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
- Conducting the reception duty of the Academic Advising Center. Duties include, but are not limited to, greeting walk-ins, assisting students in making appointments with professional advisors, answering students' questions and making referrals to professional advisors or other departments when necessary, processing registration at the front desk, and answering calls.
- Assisting office operation of the Academic Advising Center. Duties include, but are not limited to, filing, scanning, photocopying, processing major declarations, file preparation for advisors, responding to emails, and making calls.
- Assisting the Academic Advising Center during New Student Orientation (student ID creation, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by the director of the Academic Advising Center or his designee.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and writing). The successful candidate will be expected to work with a diverse student body as well as staff & faculty in a multi-ethnic/multicultural environment.
- Native or near-native level oral and writing proficiency in English. Fluency in Japanese strongly preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision, including prioritization and multi-tasking.
- Ability to work and perform efficiently in an open office with frequent interruption.
- Ability to maintain data accurately.
- A team player who is detail-oriented, student-centered, independent, and outgoing.
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the U.S. higher education system.
- Experience with Banner® by Ellucian and Cognos Reporting System.
- Study abroad experience in higher education.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Desired start date is January 2018. Earlier start also welcome.
Please send applications to email@example.com with:
- a letter of application,
- resume or c.v.,
- contact information for two references.
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know from which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.