Assistant Professor (Marketing / Strategy / International Business Studies)
Starting from January 2018 (Spring semester 2018) or May 2018 (Summer semester 2018)
Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) is able to sponsor a visa for this position.
In accordance with the pay scale determined and used in this program.
Overview of Position
The successful candidate will be required to teach a range of introductory and advanced undergraduate courses as part of TUJ's International Business Studies program. Initially, core courses are likely to include Marketing Management, Organizations and Leadership, and/or our International Business (Strategy) Capstone. The successful applicant may also be asked to teach and develop other courses on strategy in International Business. There will also be opportunities to teach elective courses based around the individual's particular research specialty.
Further to teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate will be required to assist with the organization and further development of our International Business Studies programs.
Qualifications & Experiences
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field
- Experience and excellence in teaching
- A solid record of research, a strong publication profile and an on-going research agenda
- Fluency in English
- Prior experience teaching undergraduates in a demographically diverse setting is preferred
- Prior experience in Japan is preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates already residing in Japan
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Please send applications to email@example.com with:
- a letter of application;
- a full academic C.V., including list of publications (please specify whether peer-reviewed or not) and courses that can be taught;
- names, telephone numbers, and email addresses for two academic referees.
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the e-mail subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know from which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.