Academic English Instructor
Academic English Program (Day Intensive Courses)
Part time (one-semester based contract)
This position is only available to applicants who are eligible to work in Japan (the position does not include visa sponsorship).
Salary & Benefits
In accordance with the pay scale determined and used in the program.
Overview of Position
Teach one or more of the following courses for the 2018 Summer Semester for the Academic English Program:
- Tuesday/Thursday Courses (May 10 to July 17)
TOEFL (paper test) Listening, Grammar, and/or Reading Skills (90 min x 2 classes/wk): Tues & Thurs at various times between 8:40-14:10
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday Courses (May 9 to July 18)
Content Course (120 min x 3 classes/wk) MWF 13:40-15:40
These courses are for high school graduates or for adults who want to improve their academic English skills in order to be successful in TUJ undergraduate or graduate programs or for possible future study abroad. Classes are held entirely in English.
- Following guidelines: make syllabi, prepare materials, select textbooks
- Prepare for and teach classes
- Give feedback on student work
- Attend instructor meetings
Qualifications & Experiences
- Native-level speaker of English
- Master's degree or higher in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or relevant field is required
- Two or more years of teaching experience in ESL/EFL at the university level and/or in an overseas intensive English language program, including experience teaching TOEFL or content courses
- Prefer instructors who can continue in this position throughout the year
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please send applications to email@example.com with:
- a letter of application;
- full academic c.v.;
- contact information for two references.
Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the email subject box. Also, we would appreciate it very much if you could let us know from which website/resource you found out about this position.
Only those applicants who make it past the initial review will be contacted.