Sophia-TUJ Joint Career Fair in English
Thank you for your participation. This event has been concluded.
Sophia University and Temple University, Japan Campus (TUJ) will hold a joint career fair. This event will be held entirely in English. Most companies will be hiring students graduating by spring 2013, but all TUJ students (international and Japanese), including underclassmen, may attend. Alumni are also welcome.
Participating companies: Apple, Bloomberg, HRnet One, MAX, Sato DCS & Labeling, Zensho, and more!
- June 6, 2012 (Wednesday)
(You can come and go anytime during the event)
- 9th Floor, Central Library, Sophia University (Yotsuya Campus Map)
- 5 minutes from Yotsuya Station (JR Chuo line, Tokyo Metro Marunouchi or Nanboku lines)
(Direction to Yotsuya Campus)
- Registration is now closed
- Dress Code:
- What to Bring:
- TU ID Card (You need to show your TU ID at the reception desk).
Career Fair Schedule
- 13:30 - 14:00
- Seminar: Tips for making the most out of the career fair
- 14:10 - 14:40
- Quick company introductions
- 14:45 - 17:40
- Company information sessions
- 17:50 - 19:30
- Individual interviews (at the companies' discretion.)
You can come and go anytime during the event.
Who Should Attend
All TUJ students and alumni are welcome to participate. If you are graduating on or before spring 2013, this is one of the best chances to get a job offer. Also, freshmen and sophomore students will enjoy talking to HR representatives and collecting information for their future job search. If you are an MBA, Law, TESOL student or TUJ alumni interested in attending the fair, please contact us.
To Do List before the Event
- Prepare to appeal yourself, including concrete examples showing your strengths
- Research target companies and prepare to explain your reasons to apply to and how you can contribute to these companies
- Apple Japan (IT/Retail)
- Bloomberg (IT/Finance)
- GE Japan (Manufacturer/IT/Finance)
- HRnet One (Human Resources)
- Max (Manufacturer/Office Supply)
- Mitsubishi Fuso (Manufacturer/Auto)
- Rakuten (IT/Commerce)
- Sato Holdings (Manufacture)
- Softbank (IT/Telecom)
- Zensho (Food)
Do I have to pay to attend the fair?
No. It is free of charge.
What do I need to do to attend the fair?
All you need to do is register. You can register online from here
Do I need to submit my resume to companies before the fair?
No. You can apply to companies at the fair after listening to their company seminar.
How can I gather information about participating companies?
How should I dress at the event?
Business attire is required at the event.
What do I need to bring to the event?
TU ID Card (You need to show your TU ID at the reception desk), and at least several copies of your English resume and possibly Japanese resume, if you are doing job hunting this year (2012).
How many company booths can I visit?
We recommend you to visit as many booths as possible as you may find new interesting companies there.
Can I apply to those companies later as I want to carefully think if they are right companies for me?
Of course, you can apply after the event. Please make sure to ask how you can contact them.
I am a freshman student. Can I talk to HR representatives, or just listen to their presentation?
Please do not hesitate to talk to them. Just tell them that you are freshman and here to explore future career possibilities.
I want someone to check my resume before the career fair. Can I ask the Career Development Office to edit my resume?
Yes. We are always happy to help you write your resume.
Sophia-TUJ Joint Career Fair Registration Form
Registartion is now closed.