FAQ about Registration

Q1. Could you send me information about the Continuing Education program?

You may request information and course schedules by using the Brochure and Schedule Request form online. You may also call the office (03-5441-9864) to request for an information brochure.

Q2. Is there an open house?

Before the beginning of each semester, the office in Tokyo holds a program information session. For more information, please see the Information Session page. You may sign up online, by e-mail, or by telephone. You may always contact us if you have any questions.

Q3. When does the next semester start?

Please refer to our calendar.

Q4. Do I need to submit records of my TOEFL or TOEIC score?

There is no need to submit records of standardized English proficiency tests. Please refer to the English Proficiency Level Chart page. You must be comfortable in the Advanced level to take courses in the Professional Development and Training category.

For English proficiency levels in other categories, please refer to course descriptions by clicking on the course you want to take listed under the Courses section.

Q5. I have never taken any standardized English proficiency tests. How can I know the right proficiency level for me?

Before the start of each semester, the Continuing Education program conducts English-Placement tests. Test results and student advising follow right after the test. You will also have a chance to review textbooks related to the class you want to take. For more information, please see the English-Placement Test page.

Q6. What is the duration of the semester?

The courses run for 10 weeks, unless specified. The Continuing Education program runs on a trimester schedule with each semester beginning in:

  • January (Spring Semester),
  • May (Summer Semester), and
  • September (Fall Semester).

Please refer to our calendar for a more detailed schedule.

Q7. What are the starting and ending dates for a specific course?

The first class date differs depending on the day the class is held. The start date is specified on each course detail page in the Courses section. The courses run for 10 weeks unless specified.

Q8. How can I register for a course?

Please submit an application form online or by Fax. You may also visit the Continuing Education Office to fill out an application form. Please refer to the Application Procedures for more details.

Q9. I sent the application form. When should I pay the fees?

Once you have submitted your application, the office will send an Application Acknowledgement and Invoice (AAI) form by e-mail. Upon receipt of the form, please check the registration details for accuracy and remit tuition fees by the specified due date.

Q10. How can I pay my tuition fees?

Please pay by bank transfer or by cash after you receive the Application Acknowledgment and Invoice (AAI) form from the office. We regret to inform you that credit card payments are not accepted.

Q11. Although I have remitted my tuition fees, I have not received any confirmation from the office.

You will receive a notice by e-mail once the office has confirmed your tuition payments. If you have not heard from us within three (3) business days after remitting the fees, please contact us.

Q12. What kind of discount opportunities are available?

The Continuing Education program offers various discount opportunities such as: the Early Bird Discount, Friend of TUJ Discount, and Alumni Discount. For more information, please see the Tuition Discount Opportunities page.

Q13. I was referred to your program by a friend. Do I qualify for a discount?

Please refer to the Refer-A-Friend Campaign page for more information. In addition, the "Friend of TUJ" discount refers to employees of corporations and organizations that are registered with us. Please refer to the Friend of TUJ Discount Program page for more information.

Q14. Are there any fees besides tuition?

There is a one-time entrance fee of 10,800 yen (tax included) for students taking our courses for the first time. Textbook and learning material cost differs in each course and usually range from 2,000 to 8,000 yen. Please refer to the Tuition and Fees page for more information.

Q15. Is visa support available for overseas students studying at the program?

Visa support is not available for overseas students seeking enrollment in the Continuing Education program. Students must possess a valid visa to stay in Japan for the duration of their classes.