Sophia-TUJ Tokyo English Career Fair 2013
Thank you for your participation. This event has been concluded.
Sophia University and Temple University Japan Campus (TUJ) have joined forces to hold the second annual "Sophia-TUJ Tokyo English Career Fair." This event will be held entirely in English. Most companies will be hiring students graduating by spring 2013, but all TUJ students (international and Japanese), including underclassmen, may attend. Alumni are also welcome.
Participating companies: Crooz, Inc, Goldman Sachs Japan Co.,Ltd., SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD., CAC Corporation, Sojitz Corporation, Shanglira Hotels, FactSet Pacific, Mergermarket Ltd. / Financial Times Group, MAX CO., LTD., Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation, and more!
- June 19, 2013 (Wednesday)
(You can come and go anytime during the event)
- 17th Floor, Bldg.No.2 , Sophia University (Yotsuya Campus Map)
- 5 minutes from Yotsuya Station (JR Chuo line, Tokyo Metro Marunouchi or Nanboku lines)
(Direction to Yotsuya Campus)
- Registration is now closed
- Dress Code:
- What to Bring:
- TU ID Card (You need to show your TU ID at the reception desk).
Career Fair Schedule
- 13:00 - 13:30
- Brief company introductions (2 minutes each)
- 13:45 - 16:15
- Company information sessions (Max 30 minutes per session to allow students to visit multiple booths)
- 16:15 - 17:15
- Individual interviews (at companies' discretion)
You can come and go anytime during the event.
Who Should Attend
All TUJ students and alumni are welcome to participate. If you are graduating on or before spring 2013, this is one of the best chances to get a job offer. Also, freshmen and sophomore students will enjoy talking to HR representatives and collecting information for their future job search. If you are an MBA, Law, TESOL student or TUJ alumni interested in attending the fair, please contact us.
To Do List before the Event
- Prepare to appeal yourself, including concrete examples showing your strengths
- Research target companies and prepare to explain your reasons to apply to and how you can contribute to these companies
- Apple Japan (IT/Entertainment)
- CAC Corporation (IT)
- Crooz, Inc. (IT/Entertainment)
- Goldman Sachs Japan Co.,Ltd. (Finance)
- HCL (IT)
- FactSet Pacific (IT/Finance)
- Max Co.,LTD. (Manufacturer/Office Supply)
- Mergermarket Ltd. / Financial Times Group (Finance/IT/Research)
- Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (Manufacturer/Auto)
- Rakuten (IT/Commerce)
- Shangri-La Hotels (Hospitality)
- Sojitz Corporation (Trading)
- SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. (Entertainment)
Do I have to pay to attend the fair?
No. It is free of charge.
What do I need to do to attend the fair?
All you need to do is register. You can register online from here
Do I need to submit my resume to companies before the fair?
No. You can apply to companies at the fair after listening to their company seminar.
Do I have to be there for a whole event?
No. You can come and go anytime during the event. All participating companies will hold company sessions several times.
Can I attend this fair even if my first language is not English?
Yes. If you can understand presentations in English (which should be the case for all TUJ students), you can attend.
How can I gather information about participating companies?
How should I dress at the event?
Business attire is required at the event.
What do I need to bring to the event?
TU ID Card (You need to show your TU ID at the reception desk), and at least several copies of your English resume and possibly Japanese resume, if you are doing job hunting this year (2013).
How many company booths can I visit?
We recommend you to visit as many booths as possible as you may find new interesting companies there.
Can I apply to those companies later as I want to carefully think if they are right companies for me?
Of course, you can apply after the event. Please make sure to ask how you can contact them.
I am a freshman student. Can I talk to HR representatives, or just listen to their presentation?
Please do not hesitate to talk to them. Just tell them that you are freshman and here to explore future career possibilities.
I want someone to check my resume before the career fair. Can I ask the Career Development Office to edit my resume?
Yes. We are always happy to help you write your resume.
Sophia-TUJ Joint Career Fair Registration Form
Registartion is now closed.