Admission Qualifications & Procedures
Applicants with the following qualifications may apply for the Academic English Program
- Have graduated or will graduate from an accredited secondary or high school, or
- Have completed or will complete an IB diploma or GCE A Level program, or
- GED applicants are required to submit transcripts from all schools attended since the start of high school, in addition to the official GED transcript.
Applicants who wish to enter the TUJ Undergraduate Program must meet the following qualifications.
- Minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 5.0 scale, or 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Possess a GED (General Education Development) certificate, Kosotsu Nintei Shiken (formerly Daiken), or its equivalent. (Applicants are recommended to apply with at least 15 college-level semester credits to strengthen their application.)
After applying using the Online Application Form, send the other required documents by mail.
Apply by Mail
The admission decision will be made within two weeks of the submission of the application documents. Anyone meeting the qualifications may apply.
- Submit application documents
Applications are accepted throughout the year. Students can apply for admission to TUJ up to three semesters in advance. For details regarding application documents, please see here.
- Selection Process
- Receive admissions decision by mail
Applicants typically receive an admissions decision and an information material packet within two weeks. If admitted, please follow the procedures described in the packet you receive to pay the entrance fees and tuition fees, as well as all other fees. You will also receive information on placement tests.
- Take the placement test
Please see here for the schedule and procedures for taking the test.
The orientation will give you guidance about the details of the program.